PLEASE READ THIS
Here at OZ Braai we take safety VERY serious and we want to ensure that you keep safe while using our new leather roll and ensure that you maintain your leather roll in top condition.
Please do not rush to get your knives in and out of their pockets as these knives are extremely sharp and can cut the leather roll or cause serious injury.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- All the knife edges are facing the same orientation. Failing to insert your knives the correct way may cause damage to your leather roll.
- You can use the rings in the flap to hang your knife kit in your camp kitchen.
- When storing your knives for long periods of time, we recommend to put some miniral oil on the blades before storing the knives to protect the blades from rust in high humidity environments.
CARING FOR YOUR LEATHER ROLL
1. Clean immediately
When your crazy horse leather gets stained, use a lightly damp cloth to clean the stain. If it gets wet, use a dry cloth to clean the moisture gently.
It helps if you clean immediately as you don’t want the stain to stay long on it and turn permanent.
2. Don’t use chemical-based cleaners
What sets crazy horse leather apart is the special wax applied to it. This wax is a natural substance that works on the fiber of the leather. If you feel the need to remove a stain, chemical-based cleaners can weaken the wax and damage the leather. Instead, use a soft cloth, warm water, and mild hand soap to remove the stain.
3. Use leather creams or conditioners
Use a leather cream or conditioner to protect your leather roll.
TO KEEP YOUR CRAZY HORSE LEATHER SOFT AND SUPPLE:
- TEST a small patch before coating entire Roll with your Cream, Wax or Balm. Some products can change the color of the leather.
- Apply a THIN, even layer of leather balm or leather wax to your Roll with a soft, clean sponge.
- Wipe off any excess balm (or wax) with a soft, dry, leather cloth.
We strongly recommend periodically treating your Leather Roll to a coating of leather balm, cream or wax to prevent the leather from becoming dry or cracked.
We use Oakwood’s famous Leather Conditioning Cream from Woolworths.